That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Looney Tunes

Growing up and to this day I love cartoons. My favorites were the Looney Tunes. I remember watching them for a couple of hours every Saturday. As an adult I was saddened the day Mel Blanc passed away.

I really liked the more obscure characters. Blacque Jacque Shellacque, Egghead& Foghorn, Ralph Wolf, Gossamer Monster, Witch Hazel, Chicken Hawk, etc.

One I never totally figured out was Wile E. Coyote...


As a kid I felt the way about his cartoons like I feel about car wrecks today. I knew it was going to be bad, it was never gonna work out, he was gonna be really hurt, but I just could not look away.

Does anyone know what he did for a living? The guy had to have some serious coin. He was always shoppin' ACME. He bought everything - 'member the green bat-suit thing, or the canvas he could just put up - use one brush - and paint anything? What about the catapults, anvils, and GIGANTIC rubber bands? The springs for his feet, rocket powered skates, dynamite, cactus costumes, boomer-rangs, and all those pianos he dropped... I think the most puzzling, from a scientific view point, were all those lil' pills that grew into tornados, earthquakes, and lightening storms. I am convinced he spent so much money on his ACME card that he earned cash rewards just to go towards all those "HELP" signs.

And what was all of this for? That freakin' Roadrunner! I mean come on he has been in the desert for years - just running all day. I'm sure he would have been a tougher bird than last year's Thanksgiving turkey.

Wile, buddy, give me a call. We'll do lunch. We can go to Chic-Fil-A!

No comments:

Traffic Report