You know growing up I always found it odd my dad had to think about my age. I mean come on I was his only son. His lil' man - his spittin' image. Why was this SO hard for him...
When I was a toddler I had my age. Everyone would ask "How old are you?" Ha! I can answer that on one hand - how hard is this?
As I grew older I had my birthday - no big deal - four digits - six if you want the "19" on the year.
Then came kindergarten. What's you address? Hmmm, ok that's a little more. And you wanna know my phone number too!?! Oh well I can handle it. What! A school bus number! You people really know how to push it!
Then I got a sister. "How old is your little sister?" Hey she was blessed with 10 fingers ask her yourself.
And as time went more and more...
I don't go a day without some one, somewhere asking "What's your PIN number, debit card number, bank account number, address, cell number, fax number, work number, driver license number, SS number, anniversary, license plate number, locker combination, credit cards number, utility account numbers, IQ, cholestrol count, zip code, tee time, gas mileage, weight, height,...?" Or thousands of others.
And I am proud to say I can answer all of those questions, but for the love of Pete do you think I can remember my daughter's age...?
That's me, I'm him...
- DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...
- ► 2010 (75)
- ► 2009 (169)
- ► 2008 (190)
- Is there something wrong with me?
- El Camirod, El Carodder, Elky - Highboy?
- Randy Warren's "too Cool for School"
- It's just a number...
- Street scenes
- Mike Martin's "the Concrete Kid"
- Looney Tunes
- Bonneville 2007 - another year in the books
- Really people - it's just an empty house...
- South Park...
- I want to be published...
- ▼ October (14)
Check 'em out
- Andy's Pinstriping
- Austin Speed Shop
- Duece of Spades movie blog
- Jimmy Shine
- Keep On Rollin' benefit car show
- Landspeed Racing dot com
- Learn the Lingo
- MyRideIsMe dot com
- Old Crow Speed Shop
- Old Crow Speed Shop blog
- Ruben Durant
- Salt Flats Speed Shop
- So-Cal Speed Shop
- So-Cal Vintage Parts Arizona
- Southern California Timing Assoc
- Traditional Speed & Kustom
- Utah Salt Flats Racing Assoc