That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Monday, January 12, 2009

the Orange Crate...

In 1962 Bob Tindle created the Orange Crate. This car was a 1932 Ford Tudor built around a blown 1960 Olds engine mounted in an all-chrome, hand-crafted tubular chassis. It featured a hinged the body at the back for display as well as service / maintenance. The car was fairly quick for it's time, and was evident by the 140 mph / 10.61 ET.

The Crate was also a looker too, and it won the Sweepstakes Trophy at the 1962 Los Angeles Winternationals and the Oakland National Roadster Show's trophy for best competition car.





No comments:

Lookin' back...

Traffic Report