That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I can't make this up people...

This morning started out as any other day - with the exception of no nude morning funcercise. I started the day with the usual shower ventured downstairs and had a mildly fulfilling breakfast of blueberry Eggo waffles and cran-grape juice. I drove my 45 minute commute, punched the clock, and comfortably slipped into my daily routine.

Shortly after the twelve o'clock hour I became utterly aware of just how hungry I had become - by this time it had been seven hours since my waffles. I usually just eat while I am working, but today I decided to get away for awhile, but what sounded good?

Now a little know fact about me is that I really have a tough time deciding on something to eat. Why is it always so hard though - I'm starving! But as I got in the car it became totally clear to me. Let me explain it to ya. As I merged onto the freeway I saw a black Mercedes, the black Mercedes made me think of Mercedes Lane, which made me think of Heather Graham, which made me hum "Get Out of My Dreams", which made me think of Billy Ocean, ocean made me think of Atlantic, Atlantic made me think of Europe, Europe led me to France, France brought me to Paris, Paris to Hilton, and Paris Hilton made me think of Carl's Jr. Cool, Carl's Jr it is...

So as I get to Carl's Jr. I decide to save time and go through the drive thru. I order and pulled forward to the window. As I was waiting to get my card back I noticed a couple of guys walk in front of my car. Weird I was in the drive thru. As I continued to wait I noticed someone else along my car and as I looked over I notice he had a big black 9 mm pistol. Am I gonna die!?! What's going on!?! Next thing I know there are marked cruisers alongside me, I notice the guy with the gun is in street clothes but across the back of his shirt it reads "POLICE", and guys are being cuffed. I didn't know what to do. Should I just drive off? Should I call the local news? Well I did what I though best. I pulled out my food, started to eat, and just watched.

Well I determined I was not going to be questioned or in the background of a future installment of COPS I started the car and left. As I was driving around through a "not-so-nice" neighborhood I noticed something out of the corner of my eyes. Could it be? No, am I crazy? I flipped a U-turn and drove back by. What? Ok, I better turn around and go by again. Now bare in mind I drove by THREE times and I swear on my Snap-on torque wrench - I saw a pink horse! Honest. As crazy as it sounds I almost wonder if someone didn't graffiti it.

Thinking back on it now as I type this it was a very interesting day. My only concern is if I did the right thing - I mean should I have offered the criminals a french fry?

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Only in West Valley!! It was hilarious listening to you as you called me during the middle of this drug bust. Here I am hoping that no one is going to shoot you, and you're laughing. Then the pink horse...wow...what a day! :)

Lookin' back...

Traffic Report