That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Monday, November 3, 2008

Speedweek 2009...

11/01/08: At the meeting last night, the BNI board voted to change the SW 2009 dates to Aug 8 - 14, with inspections starting on Aug. 7th.
We regret having to do this since some folks have already made reservations, however the major hotels in Wendover have notified us they had a considerable gambling income loss during Speedweek 2008 and credit this loss to the attempt they made to accommodate the Speedweek attendees. They have stated that they can no longer afford to curtail their "Special programs" during Speedweek. While we encouraged folks to "Stay out until Sunday" during SW 2008, it seems the town (and hotels) were still full or racers and fans anyway. Since "Weekend rooms" are the problem, it was felt that by adjusting the dates to encompass only one weekend, it will make it a little easier on the racers to find rooms. Roy Creel

No comments:

Traffic Report