That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Saturday, November 8, 2008

An old flame...

So back eight years ago, or so, Chrysler introduced the PT Cruiser. It was marketed as having "retro styling", and was a hit with the public. I decided to buy one and expound on that "retro" idea Chrysler was pushing. After buying one I immediately called my buddy Randy, and after a long weekend this was the result of our collaboration:



I soon sold the little thing, and really haven't thought a lot about it since. That was until a couple of days ago when I was driving on the 201. I looked into the rearview and it was coming up right behind me! I recognized it right away!

You know I do get excited about cars, but it is always more exciting when I see one is my own - well an old one anyway. Or a current one - especially if it should be home in the garage...

I kept turning around quickly in my seat. I kinda bounced up and down. I waved. I honked. I made a motion with my fist. I flashed my lights. I swerved into the other lanes a few times, and I may have even hit a small animal.

Now that I think about it I'm lucky I didn't get shot. Next time you think someone might be suffering from road rage - maybe they just used to own your car!

Traffic Report