That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

They say you never forget your first time...

I believe this is true. Mine was in January of 1991. You hear stories, but somehow you never thought it would happen to you…

A friend of mine told me about mine; she was older and in desperate need of some companionship. She had spent most of her life in the country and around the farm. She was eighteen years older than me, but when you are a teenager that doesn’t always matter. You only have one thing on your mind. It is your first "right of passage into manhood". I think I was too caught up in the moment to let the all the little things bother me. Not believing it is actually going to happen – I had been dreaming about this moment for years.

First time I saw her I fell in love – not a crush – not lust – I was in love. I didn’t really know exactly what to do, but I caught on quickly. And when it was done the first thing I wanted to do was call all my buddies and brag.

I had saved up $500 hundred bucks here and there and I am a little proud to say it only cost me $300 for my first time. I still have a picture of her from that day. I just wish I had a picture of the smile on my face after it was all done.

I was kind of shocked when my mom called the other day and was asking some odd questions. She said had a receipt for it in a box or something in my old room. I must admit my heart skipped a bit and all those feelings came right back.

Man, that was one of the best days of my life, and I will never forget it…


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Ahh...what a memorable experience. :)

Traffic Report