That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I can't wait for August...

I love Utah in August! Speedweek at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and this year is the 60th Anniversary. I have been looking forward to this year since last August. There are already 500+ cars registered for this years event. Hotels have been sold out for a year - if you do not have reservations then you are out of luck. Rod and Custom magazine has ditched Americruise this year just to drive to Bonneville. If you can swing it I highly suggest you go this year...

I pulled a couple of "high light" vidoes from youtube from the last couple of years.

Wanna see what 200 mph looks like pulling away from you? This is Jimmy Shine in 2006 recorded by Chopperdave:



And here is Jo Coddington, wife of the late Boyd Coddington, in 2007:

No comments:

Traffic Report