That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indiana is back (Part 2)...

So we went and saw it. It was pretty good - not all that I had hoped for though. I really tried not to find out anything about the film until I saw it. If you pay attention to the year and the place in the beginnig, or you remember where they put the Ark in the first film, you pretty much know where the film is headed - at least I did anyway.

I think my biggest disappointment was the ending of the film... just not where I wanted it to go.

I did get to see the '50 Ford though and it was better than I thought. In the opening sequence you see a '32 black highboy roadster barreling across the desert. It finally meets up with an old road where an Army convoy is traveling. The teenagers in the roadster talk the driver of the Army sedan into racing on a two lane highway with on coming traffic!

There was also a gorgeous black Plymouth coupe out front of the University once Indy is back in "teacher" 'guise.

Yeah it was a good time and bonus points that it was free! Go watch it. If not for the story - do it for the cars.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

...all said in true Ryan fashion. :) Love you babe!

ticketmack said...

without giving too much away, I have to agree with you Ryan. It was loads of fun to watch if you could get past the origin of the object they were all adventuring for. It kind of made sense for them to make that object and it's origins the MacGuffin in the film given the time period (see wikipedia.org for the definition of "MacGuffin"), but this is not a 1990's T.V. show starring David Duchovny and Gillan Anderson, and that type of artifact felt pretty out of place in this type of adventure film.

Traffic Report