That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Britney vs. Ethyl...

For the last year or so I've been wondering what would replace Britney in the headlines. Don't get me wrong I personally have nothing against her, I was just tired of hearing about her marriage, her failed marriage, her divorce, her carwrecks, losing her career, losing her family's support, losing custody, losing her hair, losing her panties, losing her mind, etc. But hey she did gain a freaky British accent...

Well it seems that Britney has been replaced by Ethyl (aka gasoline). Everyone is talking about it. It is on the news, in the paper, at work. It's everywhere. And although it may not look as good dancing with a yellow python or kissing Madonna Ethyl is American's new Britney.

I will admit prices are high, but we had $3/gallon gas in 2000 in CA! Where was the rest of the nation then?

It has affected everyone though. I see so many people walking now. Credit card purchases are up just for gasoline. Bikes are being sold out locally. Motorcycle sales are up from what I hear, and just the other day I saw that the hardcore tattoo artist down the road is driving a Daewoo - you know it is bad when that happens. I am bracing myself for the day when I see the local Hell's Angels chapter burning through town on Vespas!

No comments:

Traffic Report