That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Expanding my mind...

All of us just need to get away at one time or another. Some people go for a driver, others listen to music, some presue a hobby, and others grab a book.

My father-in-law is a book freak. He has an immense collection. His collect is so vast it gives me nightmares - literally. I have dreamt that he has passed and willed my wife and her siblings his collection. Her share was somewhere around 350,000 books and I had to move them by boxes of 10! I do not share his passion for the written word. I am not one to read the hot new best-sellers or the all-time classics. Never really have and never probably will. When I need that "peaceful retreat", "brief escape", or just some "me time" I reach for the Calgon, pop in some John Tesh, and grab one of these:





No comments:

Traffic Report