That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Friday, January 1, 2010

Travis Pastrana leaps into the New Year...

Travis Pastrana was the center attraction at this year’s Red Bull New Year No Limits event. He celebrated the arrival of 2010 by successfully shattering the old car-jumping record of 171 feet after launching his tiny Red Bull sedan off the Pine Street Pier going 90 mph. Pastrana officially flew his car 269 feet over the water before landing hard on a floating barge and skidding into a barricade that prevented him from going into the drink. The X-Games legend (9 gold medals) made his name in motocross, but Pastrana’s 450 HP Subaru WRX STI rally car has become his vehicle of choice. He’s also become one of the most renowned daredevils. When he was 18 years old he jumped his motorcycle into the Grand Canyon. A few years later he jumped out of a plane without a parachute. After spending months of trial and error in the desert training for this stunt, Pastrana thrilled the crowd by sticking the landing perfectly.

No comments:

Traffic Report