That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Friday, January 8, 2010

the Snake retires...

Don "the Snake" Prudhomme Announces Retirement from Drag Racing

DRAG RACING ICON & MOTORSPORTS LEGEND ENDS HISTORIC CAREER


VISTA, Calif. (January 8, 2010) – Don "The Snake" Prudhomme, one of the most accomplished drivers and revered team owners in the history of motorsports, announced his retirement today, thus ending a career spanning five decades in the sport of drag racing.

Prudhomme’s 47-year career saw him behind the wheel for 32 seasons before he retired from driving at the end of his 1994 "Final Strike" campaign. He then transitioned to the role of team owner where he led his teams and drivers for the past 15 seasons. Overall, Prudhomme has totaled an impressive combination of six National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) World Championships and 112 National Event victories.

"I feel very fortunate to have been able to make a living in drag racing and to have enjoyed some success along the way," said Prudhomme. "I would like to thank all of the great sponsors we've worked with over the years, everyone at NHRA, the many track owners, operators and promoters, our past employees and team members, and all of the drag racing fans that have supported Snake Racing."

Photobucket

Check him out when he visited Jay Leno's garage here.

No comments:

Traffic Report