That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Friday, January 8, 2010

Dream car of the week...

This weeks dream car is a lot like last weeks. I first saw it on the HAMB. It's a Ford. It's blue. And it's a true survivor!

Steve from Limeworks Speed Shop first posted up pictures and a little history about this 5 window a couple months ago.

Story goes the lil' coupe was found by a kid while being used as housing for some farmers chickens. A deal was struck and the coupe was picked up for $25. After a lot of cleaning to remove all the nesting, feathers, droppings etc. the coupe was hopped up with a flathead motor , dropped axle with reverse eyed spring and 46 juice brakes. It was painted the blue you see below and trimmed out with white pleated interior with blue piping. It was rodded around by the kid a few years, only to be stored away where it remained for nearly half a century.

The car was recently given to the original builders son who took it to Limeworks to receive an needed freshening up.

Below is a true surviving, unmolested hot rod.

Enjoy it in it's unchopped, full fendered, high school hot rod glory:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Traffic Report