That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Friday, January 15, 2010

Dream car of the week...

This week's dream car is little more than a concept drawing from AZ based artist Jimmy Smith. I first saw this drawing in the October 2006 issue of Classic Trucks. I was instantly drawn in by its simplistic beauty. Jimmy noted he envisioned the truck with a hopped up Y-block, toploader 4 speed, and stout 9". Interior consisted of just the basics - rubber floor mat, stock wheel, and big shifter. The truck also rolled on 16" black steelies wrapped Coker bias plies and set off by early Ford V8 caps.

I enjoyed this truck so much I actually had all of the parts, except the bias plies, to build my old '56 like it.

The '56 went down the road a couple of years ago and never saw completion by me.

But hey there's always room for another project...

Photobucket

No comments:

Traffic Report