That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Friday, January 8, 2010

Bob Tasca Sr passes...

Bob Tasca Sr., an NHRA innovator and prominent Ford dealer, died Jan. 8. He was 83.

Tasca Sr. was the grandfather of NHRA Funny Car driver Bob Tasca III. Tasca Sr. is credited with bringing the Cobra Jet 428 engine to drag racing in the 1960s and helping with the development of the Ford Thunderbolt drag racing car.

Tasca Sr. started working at a Ford dealership in 1943 and bought a dealership in 1953. He had stores in Rhode Island and Massachusetts.

Cobra Jets modified at his dealerships were legendary at the track, and Tasca Sr. coined the phase “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.”

He also was a force in Ford quality for years, maintaining a close relationship with Henry Ford II. Tasca Sr. penned a 1996 book, “You Will be Satisfied,” which was the slogan for his dealerships.

Tasca Sr. maintained a long friendship with Carroll Shelby after helping him assemble an early Cobra.
Services are pending.


- story courtesy of autoweek.com



Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Traffic Report