That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sometimes they come back...

Lately I've been a different man. I've been eating different. Sleeping different. Living different.

I've taken more in and yet still given back so much.

I even bettered the environment by switching out our traditional bulbs for compact fluorescents. Ok I just did that, because several of our light bulbs burnt out...

Have I done all of this, because I have had an awakening in my soul? Has my life been touched so deeply by another human being it has caused me to reflect upon my own existence? Did I finally notice that little cricket with the top hat and umbrella that has been following me around? Are you kidding - I'm a guy - I'm not that deep. It's simply that Shannon has been out of town.

For the last couple of weeks I've dined on such delicacies as pizza, pizza subs, chili, chili dogs, chili-cheese dogs, and burritos. I've expanded my mind with such classics as CSI, Law and Order SVU, Chelsea Lately, and Two and a Half Men. And I have enriched my soul by reading countless classic car magazines and automotive message boards.

But yes life has changed once again. Tonight Shannon has returned from NC and the universe is now back in line.

Don't get me wrong I am not happier without her. She takes care of me wether she realizes it or not. She tries to make me be healthy, happy, and all those things guys never think about. She wants to know how I've been and how I feel. And to that I can only reply with:

"So did you eat on the plane, because I'm starving. Want to stop at Wendys?"

Oh, yeah and I'm glad you're home!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww...this post made my day, week, month...whatever. :)

ticketmack said...

You're just a big softie, Ryan.

Traffic Report