That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Influenced early...

Since my early childhood I have been in love with cars and modifications to them. I always had Hotwheels, Matchbox, or something like that to play with. I had a Spiderman Crime-lab Van and customized Spiderman roadster when I was very young. I remember the year I got a yellow 4X4 Firebird named "the Animal". And although I grew up with many different car inspired toys I remember two in particular (one I had & one I only saw at Kmart) that probabbly in fluenced my two biggest car passions - Novas and F100s.

The first was this AMT model car kit of a Chevy Nova I saw up on the top shelf at Kmart as a kid:



And my love for Ford's '53 - '56 F100 was further driven by the Stomper I received as a present when I was around 10 years old. I looked like this:







Of course I couldn't leave it "stock" and it soon looked more like this:

No comments:

Traffic Report