That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

All is "fair"...

Ah, yes it is that time of year again. Time for gorging yourself on cotton candy, funnel cakes, and deep fried Twinkies only to end up vomiting on the ferris wheel! Yes, I am talking about the FAIR!

While coming home tonight I was reminded that it is that time again as I saw the carnival rides on the back of semis cruising down the freeway.

Growing up I didn't mind the fair. What was not to like - soda, burgers, hotdogs, neon lights, music, demolition derbys, and truck & tractor pulls! Come on what is better than cruising the carnival midway on your lime green Schwinn Predator wasting the money your parents planned to use to send you to college (or at least a good trade school) trying to win a 4" X 4" mirror in a decorated cardboard frame with the Playboy Bunny, Budwiser script, Van Halen logo on it.

My parents would have liked for me to show more interest in the livestock, but you know...

Over the last few years whenever I think of the fair I think of these great commercials for the L.A. County Fair. Enjoy:









2 comments:

Shannon said...

Those were Hilarious! It does seem kind of funny that L.A. is having a fair. Loved the video clips!

Janie and Lyle said...

I love me some funnel cakes! At the TX state fair, you can pretty much get anything deep-fried; snickers bars, twinkies, oreos, etc. (even roadkill I bet) and it is awesome (not the roadkill part)...although now that I'm older, the food excites me more than the rides and prizes..how sad. :)

Traffic Report