That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Dick Dean RIP...

You know it's not like I enjoy posting these, but people just keep leaving us.

I just heard that Dick Dean has passed away. You may not be familiar with the name, but I am sure you know what he has done.

Dick built / assisted in the construction of famous Hollywood cars such as:

-the Monkee mobile
-Grandpa's Dragula from the Munsters TV show.
-the Munster Koach
-the original Batmobile
-Black Beauty from the Green Hornet
-the Beverly Hill-Billies truck
-The Flintstones Movie Car
-Power Rangers car
-Ninja Turtles Movie van

just to name a few.

Probably one of his most recent TV builds (if March of 2004 is recent) was when he joined with Bill Hines, Gene Winfield, Fat Jack, and Norm Grabowski to build an "old school" '54 Chevrolet with Jesse James on Monster Garage.

Here is Dick sharing his memories of the Monkees in the original Monkee mobile.

No comments:

Traffic Report