That's me, I'm him...

DISCLAIMER: Although I am a car guy this is not solely a car blog. I will talk cars, but this is also a blog about how I view the world. Just ask my mom and she will tell you my first word was "car". I do have a slight fascination with them. Luckily I have a supportive family and a very understanding wife...

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Heaven is 400,000 sq ft and painted blue...

Or so it seems if you are sporting a XX chromosome.

So it has ben almost a year and a half since I first mentioned our new house. In that little blurb I joked about how Shannon wanted to go to Bed, Bath & Beyond and IKEA. Well yesterday I caved and we went to both - and a couple more. Now Jay Leno claims IKEA is Swedish for 'junk", but I came home and Googled it and come to find out it is Swedish for 'man torture". Did you know their motto is "IKEA - Helping woman oppress men since 1958".

If you have not been to one of these stores, but it looks like one is in your future I suggest you have the Mrs. check you into the little jungle playroom, order some "room-service" from the little cafeteria place, and settle in because you're gonna be there for awhile.

When I got the idea of taking her there I had no idea it was a three hour process to decide between a blue duvet cover or a red duvet cover. I didn't know it was like Who Wants to be a Millionare, and she was going to have to use her life line. Caiti - help a brother out and answer the phone next time. I learned duvets are a major commitment, but honestly I am not even sure what a duvet cover is. And as I would like to have this question answered more importantly I would like for someone to explain to me why everything I purchased yesterday from this Swedish store was manufactured in China or Mexico.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

You forgot about the dishes we bought. Man, 3 hours sure goes by fast. I had no idea it took me that long to finally make a decision. But I think the wait was well worth it. And thank you for caving and taking me there.

ryan said...

I was still debating on wether or not to post that. I called your brother to get his opinion but he hasn't called me back yet!

jeana said...

that was a funny post! but not all women love that store.. i personally can't stand it! :) glad you survived!

Debbie Murdock said...

You're so hilarious! Usually I find something I want then 3 hours later after looking at everything else I go with the first thing I looked at. Has she taken you to Tai Pan trading yet? Just you wait!

Traffic Report